How’s the work from home days going for everyone? We actually had some travel plans but got cancelled at the last minute and we ended up staying home. We all love pasta especially when we are looking to cook something quick and it can’t get easier than this.
Baked pasta has always been one of my top preferences particularly when i want to something delicious for dinner. So here is a super quick yet amazing recipe for you guys!
- Half a packet of pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- 1 capsicum
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Black pepper
- Dried oregano
- Red chilli flakes
- Pasta Sauce
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Dried Basil
Nothing can be more satisfying than pasta and cheese and you throw in lots of veggies and then it becomes my favourite meal. You can always add other veggies if you like, or remove the ones you don’t like.
- Boil the pasta for 10-15 mins and set it aside. For baked pasta, it’s better to keep the pasta little undone because i gets cooked in the oven too.
- Heat butter in a pan in medium heat.
- Once hot, add chopped garlic and let it become brown.
- Now add chopped onions, capsicums and sliced mushrooms and saute for 1-2 mins. You can add all your favourite veggies at this step.
- Then add salt, black pepper, oregano and red chili flakes according to your taste. Mix everything till combined.
- Add the boiled pasta and 1/2 cup of pasta sauce. Mix everything together and remove pan from heat.
- Now take a baking dish and place 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce at the bottom.
- Transfer half of the pasta from the pan on top of the pasta sauce in the baking dish.
- Place half of fresh mozzarella cheese on top.
- Then layer the remaining pasta on top of the cheese.
- Finally top with 1/4 cup of pasta sauce and remaning mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 mins in the oven or till the cheese melts.
- Remove your pasta from oven, garnish with some fresh basil and serve.
Don’t you love how easy it is and also so customizable! Do give this italian baked pasta a try and let us know how it turned out for you guys!
You must be logged in to post a comment.