Yet another loss of hope for Delhi University students who were eagerly waiting for attending their colleges.
The University of Delhi released a notice dated 3rd April, 2021 showing their concern upon the rising COVID-19 cases in Delhi/NCR. The notice stated about an emergent meeting that was held relating to the same issue.
The following decisions were taken in the meeting to contain the spread of COVID-19:
- Under the notice, the students are advised to remain at home or their respective hostels.
- The students are advised to avoid physical presence for their physical work to libraries, laboratory, etc. unless very essential to complete academic activities.
- While the notice ensured that academic activities and important work will continue, but only with proper COVID-19 precautions.
- The precautions will include thermal screening at gates with valid identity proof along with purpose of visit the University campus, social distancing, prohibition of spitting in public places etc.
- Wearing mask is mandated.
- Entry is restricted inside Faculty of Science, Faculty of Arts, Hostels, Halls etc. No outsider will be permitted to enter.
- Booking of Conference Centre, Seminar Halls etc. for any function/event will not be permitted until further notice.
- Further the notice stated that the situation will be reviewed in 10 days and further decision will be taken accordingly.
- University of Delhi expects all its Colleges, Departments, Centers and Hostels to responsibly handle the present COVID-19 pandemic situation. Appropriate steps are required to be followed in order to ensure safety of staff and students.
- The notice lastly encouraged everyone to follow guidelines, SOPs issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Aayush to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Stay Safe – Stay Healthy.