With the presentation of the National Education Policy (NEP 2020) by Central Government and has carried its proposal to actualize NEP the nation over, the University of Delhi has comprised the NEP Implementation Committee (NIC) for smooth execution of the National Education Policy 2020.
NEP Implementation Committee has been shaped to recommend how best can the NEP 2020 be executed in the Delhi University.
Following are the term of reference for the NEP Implementation Committee will be as per the following:
- The Committee will propose the regulatory and budgetary ramifications in usage of NEP.
- The Committee will recommend the progressions which should be started in the current schedule and proposed timetable for the appropriation of such changes because of execution of NEP.
- The Committee will propose the most fitting component for joining and formalizing inferred exercises. past divisions and resources as referenced in the NEP.
- The Committee will evaluate changes required because of the reception of NEP in the arrangement of assessments and understudy admission across normal just as open learning and Non-university.
- The Committee will recommend approaches to draw in with the partners.
The Union Cabinet affirmed the National Education Policy 2020 on July 29, five years after the primary board to draft NEP was established. The NEP 2020 was drafted by a board of trustees led by the researcher, K Kasturirangan.
The arrangement plots some significant changes in the school and advanced education framework. In Higher Education, the strategy presents eliminating the arrangement of ‘associated schools’ over a time of 15 years through an arrangement of “reviewed self-governance”, no hard qualification between streams to support multi-disciplinary decisions, and an emphasis on exploration and examination driven colleges.